Friday, April 4, 2008

TGIF!!!

The title says it all. I am so glad we are at the end of this week.

This morning my mom will be coming down to sit with the kids while we have a parent teacher conference. Pretty much a quick thing as I am in contact with his teacher on a regular basis on things. Yesterday he had his ''extra'' OT at school and he was not happy. This therapist does not like to work with the preschool children. Every Thursday he has his ''extra'' OT and every Thursday he comes up telling me he colored AGAIN. I told him to just tell the teacher he does not want to color. He didn't color Thursday, instead they worked on cutting and gluing.

On April 18th we have a transition to kindy meeting at the school. This meeting will be a big one with lots of folks from the special ed program and the regular ed teachers and principal and therapist. This meeting I am not looking forward to because we know they are going to push up to enroll Airen in a full day kindy but we do not want to do that. We know he's academically ready but socially and maturity wise he's not. If they want him full day then I want him to have an aide. There is no way my son will be able to focus in a class of 30 students with ONE teacher. He will be too distracted and over stimulated. We are still working on things for other districts and I am waiting for a call from the department of education.

I got a list for approved summer camps for Airen and made a few calls. Let me just say SCARY. My son is 4 years old and what some of these camps told me they do I was shocked. One camp takes the kids to the movies once a week, to the pool once a week and then to either Wal-Mart or Target once a week. NOT HAPPENING with my child. The woman had the nerve to tell me to let go already when I said I didn't think her camp was for us as my son drives only with our family and only goes to the pool with my family. Another camp on the list has a reputation of near drownings of children while in their care and parents weren't notified till weeks later of the situation. Again not with my child. I am waiting for a few to call me back.

Mara has been all over the place. She has been putting herself in a standing position and letting go for the last week. She gets up and looks around then lets go and laughs. Its too cute. She has this small wagon that she spends lots of time sitting in. She likes it when brother pushes her back and forth in it. Airen brought home a balloon from school yesterday and she spent awhile yesterday just laughing at it and hitting it. She has also discovered her voice. Out of nowhere she will just start screaming. Not a gentle type scream but a blood curdiling scream that hurts the ears. She screams then stops and laughs. Poor Airen gets so upset and runs to cover his ears.

Well Mara is finally content in her crib asleep so I am heading back to my bed. Till next time!! Have a great one!!