Sunday, April 6, 2008

HIT and RUN

I managed to get both kids in their beds asleep before 9pm last night. Great I can get to bed early and get some sleep as Doug works till midnight. Well at about 12:15am Mara woke hungary. I got her back to sleep and Doug is calling telling me he was just hit. A hit and run accident. Thankfully he was okay and only the car has lots of damage. He called the police and DPS showed up and luckily Doug got a look at the license plate and color and type of car. DPS was able to match the plate with someone who lives about 15 miles past our house. Now the trick is that this person has insurance. We filed a claim with the insurance first thing this morning but being Sunday there really wasn't much they could do. I am sure my wonderful agent will be calling me first thing Monday morning. My parents are nice enough to let us borrow one of their cars. I am hoping the repair shop can just come tow the car as Doug said the alignment is really messed up now too. Plus we just had all the repair work done two weeks ago and a new radiator and the coolant light came on last night. We are hoping there is no damage under the hood. Again never a dull moment in our house!!

We had a rough few hours this afternoon with Airen. I just wish we could figure out what triggers the meltdowns. I was so upset and exhausted from fighting with him that I finally took Mara out in the stroller and just sat outside crying. It just breaks my heart that I cannot reason with him during a meltdown. Today's was because I told him to get dressed so we could go get Naw's car. I keep telling Doug one of these times the police are going to show up at our house. Anyways. I am off to get showered and head to bed.