Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Preschool Graduation!!!

This evening was Airen's preschool graduation program!! I was one proud momma!! How great things change in one year. Last year's program Airen was spinning in circles and chewing his fingers and wanted nothing to do with the singing. This evening he was right next to his friends singing and doing the hand motions. I was so proud of him! He did a wonderful job and has come a long way. We cannot thank his teacher and the room aides enough for all they've done this last school year. They truly love their jobs and the children and I am forever greatful for their love and service. His teacher will be moving in a few weeks to be closer to family and we will truly miss her. We've come to consider her a very close family friend. We've both shared good and bad times together over the last 18 months. We wish her and her son lots of love and luck with their new adventure. Of course Airen thinks he will be in the kindergarden class right next to his preschool class. He isn't understanding that she won't be there in the fall.

Tomorrow Doug will be going to Enfield to the Lego corporate offices. He's excited. Airen is excited as they have a company store with discounted/discontinued Lego sets. Hoping Doug doesn't come home with too many sets. I am getting sick of seeing Legos everywhere I turn!!

Doug will be home Friday night and we cannot wait!! Its been a very long two weeks--too long for Airen. I am hoping I can get a nice 3-4 hour nap Saturday or Sunday--yeah right, who am I kidding?!?!?