Saturday, May 24, 2008

Daddy's home!!!

Picked Doug up last evening around 9:30 pm. Airen was so excited!! Mara hasn't let daddy out of her sight and I am just relieved to have another set of hands here with me. Doug of course brought presents home. Airen got one Star War Lego set right now and there is a box of others on the way. Doug got me this beautiful charm bracelet from Brighton. It's got a birthstone charm for each of the kids and a pretty heart charm. I was so shocked he picked it out on his own!! Before Airen went to bed he crawled into Doug's lap and started crying and hugging daddy. Told Doug how much he missed him! It was so sweet. I think Airen was starting to think that daddy wasn't coming back. Two weeks was a very long time to be away.

Today we got laundry finished then drove to Queen Creek. Doug's parents arrive Friday night so we got the house cleaned up for them. It was so dusty but now its cleaned and ready for them to arrive. While we were out in Queen Creek we stopped at Wal Mart for a few things and Miss Mara would not let daddy put her down. She wanted him and no one else. It was very funny!!

I am off to finish making Mara a tutu to wear for some birthday pictures. A nice mommy friend made a beautiful custom appliqued shirt for Mara. It has a cupcake and a candle and Mara's name on it. I cannot wait for it to arrive!!! Doug keeps laughing saying I am so not that girlie mommy and here I am making a tutu and a matching shirt!!! Oh well I am enjoying having a girl!!