Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Good bye Barnes & Noble...Hello LEGO

Today was Doug's last day at Barnes & Noble. I think he was a little sad to say good bye to many co-workers. He really did enjoy working at Barnes & Noble and would have stayed if Lego didn't come along. This evening he started with Lego and is doing interviews for an assistant manager. He will have interviews again tomorrow and possibly on Saturday. Friday he will be home and getting packed to leave on Sunday. Two weeks without Doug will be FUN!!! (if you believe that one you need help!)

Today I took the kids to Portrait Innovations for pictures. The purpose was for Mara's first birthday and because I haven't done any professional pictures of her since she was born. I know BAD mommy. With Airen I did them for every holiday and for cute outfits I had for him. With Mara I just took my own pictures. Surprisingly Airen did so well with pictures. Little Miss Mara (as Airen refers to his sister) had other plans. She pretty much had an attitude for the first part of the session. She got a little better by the end. I think the photographer was a bit of a jerk and I will be addressing that with the corporate office. The photographer actually had the nerve to tell me that "we need to start and wrap this up." Not good customer service. Pictures turned out beautifully. If you want to view them send me a message and I will share the Kodak album with you.

Last evening Airen went to Miss Wendy's. Was supposed to just drop him off and come back in a two hours but I stayed and Miss Wendy and I talked. Wendy and I are both hoping to put our heads together and see about starting a support group for parents here in Maricopa. We both have had our fair share of problems with the school district and have managed to figure things out. We both know that there are many families out there who really aren't educated and don't know the resources available to them. So Wendy and I are going to see about starting something for our district. I was so excited because since Airen started the preschool in January 2007 I knew there were problems and have wanted to do something. Now is my chance. I am so excited!!! Wendy and I are going to see about sitting down over lunch or dinner in the near future and brainstorm things to get started for the new school year.