Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my mommy friends!! I hope everyone had a very special day with their children.

Friday evening Doug took me to dinner since he was leaving for Boston today. We had a nice dinner at Logan's Steakhouse. Had never been there before and it was excellent. We will probably go back there again in the future. It was also the first time in a very long time that I've had a drink--amaretto sour---yummy!!!

Saturday mom and I went to pick up a few more pants for the men. We also hit up Children's Place for some awesome deals. Airen and mom sat outside the store and Airen was falling asleep on the bench. First sign there was something not right. I felt his head and he was burning up. Usually he gets a fever and its an ear infection so off we went to urgent care. I dont' even call the pediatrician anymore. Sure enough he had a fever of 101.8 and has strep throat. I was so impressed he let the doctor swab his throat with no complaints. Doug was doing interviews all day with Lego so he missed on this fun. Also while at urgent care I was informed that Airen's long term care/Medicaid insurance was inactive. WHAT THE HECK?!?!? I was in shock and very upset as there was no warning to this. Of course the weekend customer service can only tell me it was made inactive as of April 30th. So one more thing to add to my Monday ''to do'' list. Now I have to worry about the week of therapies he's already had. Trying to stay positive. We know that with the autism diagnosis we really can't be dropped without notice so we are hoping it was a computer issue. Hopefully we get this figured out so I am not having to cancel his therapies and respite/hab for the week.

Doug was so great and got me an iPod shuffle. Yes we are behind the times with electronics. Doug figured he'll be gone for two weeks and this will give me something to do while he's gone. Like taking care of two children isn't enough?!?!

And for my bestest friend in the East.
Penguins 4 Flyers 2.
Penguins lead the series 2-0!!!
LOVE YA!!!!