Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday picnic

Last evening I took Airen to urgent care. He's had this horrible cough that comes and goes. I was getting worried because he was was wheezing and having trouble breathing and his little heart was racing. The doctor last night said he has croup. I wasn't sure of the diagnosis though. Overnight Airen was up coughing for about 1-2 hours and just so miserable. Decided to keep Airen home from school and get him into our pediatrician. Like I thought he doesn't have croup. Instead just a respiratory issue. So Airen gets to do breathing treatments as needed. As I type this Airen is starting to cough yet again--urghhh!!!

After our doctor's appointment we went to the store to get his albuterol prescription. Airen asked for a lunchable so I agreed. I knew we probably wouldn't make it home without him getting upset. So we got our groceries and decided to have a picnic. The grocery store has picnic tables outside so we set up and had our lunch together!! It was a gorgeous day. Clear blue skies and sun shining and just a light breeze. It was perfect. Airen and I had a wonderful time talking and enjoying each other's company!!! I love my little guy!!!