Thursday, February 19, 2009

SARRC orientation

This past Wednesday we had our family orientation for the Jump Start program at SARRC (Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center). What an amazing place it is. I was pretty much in awe of the facility. They have a preschool program and the classrooms were so great. They also have an outdoor play area for the kids. Airen went right into the Jump Start classroom with no worries. Usually I worry about him in new situations but he did really good. There are only 5 kids total in the program so its very nice. While the kids were in their classroom the parents had their own orientation. Doug and I had to take a quiz on information about autism. Boy was Doug coming up with some great answers--NOT!!! I learned that I don't know all I think I do about Autism. I can't wait to work through the program. I cannot thank the state of Arizona for the opportunity and taking care of the cost of this program!!!