Friday, March 28, 2008

YEAH for sleep!!

Sleep is wonderful!!! I came to mom's yesterday to pick up more stuff for the consignment sale and ended up spending the night. Mom took Mara and I got 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It is wonderful to sleep more then an hour or two at a time. Mara is asleep on my lap right now and I am unable to fall back to sleep.

At the doctor's we discussed Mara's lack of sleep. Medically she checked out. Our doctor did say that possibly when she had RSV in February and had to do the breathing treatments that it threw her totally out of whack. Plus the fact that Mara does love her mommy. Our doctor suggested getting her back into a sleep schedule and basically let her cry it out. I am not a big fan of this so we will be reading Kim West, The Sleep Lady's book and hoping it will give us some ideas. Our doctor also did suggest co sleeping. I am not a fan of this either as being as tired as I am lately I am afraid I will roll on Mara, plus I like my bed for Doug and I only. Yes I am selfish.

We got the Saturn back. Well over our $500 budget for car repairs, but at least its running and all is good. Now Doug just needs to go get emissions done and get the registration renewed.

I will be dropping off LOTS of baby clothes and items this afternoon at the consignment sale. Probably 300-350 items. We are parting with a few of the bigger items finally--portable swing, two play mats/gyms and exersaucer. We just don't have the room in our tiny house to store all this baby stuff and we are FINISHED having kids.

Have a wonderful Friday and enjoy the weekend.

Want to wish my nephew a wonderful 3rd birthday!! Also a happy 5th birthday to my girlfriends daughter!!!