Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St Patrick's Day

I set this Blog up months ago with the intention of blogging. Go figure that I've yet to do anything with it.

It is 3:45 am and I am wide awake. I've been watching re-runs of "Roseanne" for the last hour or so and finally got bored of them.

Let's see what's been happening around the Fortunato homestead the last few weeks.

Last Saturday morning Airen woke screaming with an ear ache. Managed to get him to urgent care that morning and sure enough pretty bad ear infection. The doctor gave us the wonderful pink antibiotics along with a pain med. By mid week he was feeling better. Sunday Doug is still sick so off to urgent care he goes. He ends up with the adult equivalent of RSV. Again more sickness at our house. Both are finally better and hopefully the germs have left the house.

This week Airen starts spring break. Of course nothing planned for us and that is just fine.

Tuesday Mara has a followup appointment with the dermatologist at Phoenix Children's. I've spoken on the phone with the doctor a few times the last week. The hemangioma in her private area has begun to bleed and is very swollen. The doctor has tentatively scheduled Mara to have it removed on Thursday. We will get more details at the appointment Tuesday. I will be glad for its removal as diaper changes are getting more and more of a hassle with antibiotic creams and vaseoline.

As you can see our homestead is just a fury of things going on. I will keep the updates coming, I promise!!!