Saturday, January 10, 2009

Potty time

Happy 2009!!! Our holidays were very nice. Nothing too exciting and over the top around our house. Quiet and calm how I like things.

First off let me preface this by saying yes I get excited by the little things when they involve Airen. This is one of those excited times for me!! Many will think to themselves that its not normal for a 5 year old not to be potty trained. Others will comment that so and so is already doing the potty thing and they are 2. We are not the normal family. Read on!!

It has been two weeks now that Airen is going on the potty!!! Two weeks ago he got out of the shower and said he wanted to wear big boy undies!!! I jumped out of my skin and Doug was so excited. Airen did great and hasn't had any accidents since!! Of course he's been constipated a bit and we are hoping he starts to understand the other ''end'' of using the potty. That too will come so we will be patient.

Airen returned to school on January 5th. It was a really really rough day. Kicking and screaming getting to the van and driving to the school. I had to park and carry him across the parking lot. Luckily the principal and I are friends and he really understands what Airen goes through with a change in routine so he was all smiles and such. Once Airen got to his class he calmed down a bit but when his aide walked through the door he went running to her and was a lot calmer. I was able to slip out the door. When I got to the van and was driving away I saw Airen on the playground with some of the children.

This past Thursday was music therapy as usual. He hasn't had music for two weeks due to the holidays. (also why I haven't posted in forever--crazy holidays!) Let's just say if there was a hole big enough for me I would have liked to be there at that time. Airen screamed and tantrum the whole 45 minutes of music. Our therapist tried everything to get him to calm down and cooperate. While this is going on Miss Mara escaped baby jail. I figured she was in Airen's room on his bed. NOPE!!! She was in the bathroom and had unrolled the whole full roll of toilet paper. When I found her she was putting the toilet paper into the toilet. Not a good day for me. I will try to post a picture of Miss Mara.

I will also include some pictures over the next few days of our holidays and our fun activities we did.